Periodontology deals with the treatment of diseases of the tooth's suspension apparatus, i.e. gums, suspension ligaments and bone.
Symptoms and consequences of periodontitis
Periodontitis is caused by inflammation of the gums or bone. It arises when there is an excess of bacteria in the mouth, the multiplication of which supports the presence of plaque and tartar on the teeth. It can manifest itself as bleeding when brushing the teeth, pain in the gums, their receding, but also an unpleasant smell from the mouth. In advanced stages, teeth begin to loosen.
If the inflammation is present for a long time, it can lead to tooth loss. Unfortunately, this damage is permanent and irreversible. The danger of this disease is enhanced by the fact that you may not observe any symptoms for a long time. Chronic periodontitis can become the cause of serious diseases because the bacteria can spread throughout the body.
Dental hygiene is the foundation
The most important thing for treating periodontitis is dental hygiene, which you can also use with us. Our dental hygienist will remove plaque and tartar from your oral cavity so that the overall condition of the oral cavity can be seen. The dentist will then start the periodontal treatment itself. This can be done conservatively or surgically. After the end of the treatment, it is necessary to come to us for regular check-ups. For the treatment of periodontitis, we have experienced dentists at our clinic who will help you, whether you need a minor procedure or a complex procedure.
Early treatment and consistent dental hygiene can help stabilize the condition at any stage of periodontitis and prevent its worsening.
Why treat periodontitis ?
- Our dentists have experience with the diagnosis of periodontitis
- Our dentists will patiently explain everything to you and prepare an individual treatment plan. We will take care of your teeth in all aspects
- You have everything in one place, including a specialist in periodontology, but also dental hygiene, which is key to treatment
- We will help you stabilize the condition of your teeth and advise you on how to care for your teeth
- We are a fully digitized workplace with all the equipment for comprehensive care of your teeth